T's & C's
What you're agreeing to by taking part in this event.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Legend of the Peaks
1. These Terms & Conditions ("Terms") apply to your entrance into the Legend of the Peaks event. By entering the event and paying the applicable entry fee, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms.
2. Age: The minimum age requirements are set out in the Race Rules.
3. Transfers: We allow transfers. All transfers will incur a NZD $20 incl gst fee. Your accepted entry can be transferred to another person, distance, or category, so long as any increase in fees has been paid in full. After November 1, 2024, there are no person-to-person transfers, and all distance or category transfers must be done in person at registration. Transfers do not apply to future years or if the new entrant is ineligible due to age.
4. Withdrawals: If you cannot participate in the event or change your mind and want to withdraw from the event, entry fee refunds are offered in accordance with:
a. Entry fee refunds requested up until 11:59pm on 8th of October, 2024, can receive a refund of 50% of their entry fee (excluding booking/transaction/service fees).
b. No entry fees will be refunded after the October 8th 2024 deadline (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any refund request on downgrade between event distances).
Requests for refunds must be communicated to the organizer via email@example.com by the specified deadline.
5. Cancellation: In the case of total cancellation of the event due to an event of force majeure (excluding those related to the government mandated shut down), the total entry fee is non-refundable. For the purposes of this clause, an event of force majeure means any event or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Legend of the Peaks, including, without limitation, fire, flood, explosion, earthquake, storm, or other natural disaster, civil commotion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), sabotage, terrorist attack, or the acts or decisions of any governmental, public, or judicial authority or the imposition of any independent government sanction or similar action made after the date of these Terms. Legend of the Peaks will not be liable for its inability or failure to perform or delay in performing any of its obligations under these Terms or in relation to the event where this is caused by an event of force majeure.
Government Mandated Shut Down: In the event of total cancellation of the event due to a Government Mandated Shut Down (such as the Covid-19 Pandemic), or where you are unable to participate due to Covid-19 related border restrictions or government guidelines, you will be provided the option of transferring your entry to the 2024 Legend of the Peaks event or receiving a 50% refund of your entry fee if the 2024 date does not suit.
6. The parties agree and acknowledge that cancellation of the event for any reason (including due to an event of force majeure or reasons relating to Covid-19) will not constitute impossibility of performance or frustration of these Terms, and that in such circumstances, clauses 5 and 6 (as relevant) will apply instead of Subpart 4 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
7. The event delivery partners and Legend of the Peaks (and their officers, directors, volunteers, employees, sponsors, or any party associated with the event) will not be liable to you under the law of tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise for any direct or indirect loss, injury, or death which might be sustained by you or any other party directly or indirectly associated with you, from your intended or actual participation in the event and its related activities.
8. Nothing in these Terms is intended to limit or exclude Legend of the Peaks' liability for your rights if you are a consumer for the purposes of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986.
9. I authorize Legend of the Peaks to use my name, voice, or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion, or in any other way relating to the event pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Legend of the Peaks will comply with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 and the Privacy Act 2020 in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of any personal information obtained from you in connection with your entrance into the event.
10. Legend of the Peaks is committed to ensuring that all competitors compete on a level playing field. By entering and competing at the event, you and your support personnel are agreeing to be bound, and to abide by, Legend of the Peaks' rules and regulations, including anti-doping policies and procedures. Competitors may be tested at any time, to which they consent. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in action being taken against you and/or support personnel in accordance with these terms and conditions and/or those rules, regulations, and/or policies, which may include refusal of entry or disqualification from the event.
11. I acknowledge that Legend of the Peaks has absolute discretion in accepting my entry, which may be revoked at any time.
12. I have read and agree to all the safety information, rules, and conditions above and on the accompanying pages.
14. This final term is simply to end on an even number..... we're not superstitious at all....